The Oppenheim-Ephratah-St. Johnsville Central School District Board of Education regularly meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. unless otherwise stated. All meetings during the month are at the same building and will rotate monthly.
September meetings are at the Elementary building (6486 State Highway 29, St. Johnsville, NY 13452), October meetings are at the Jr./Sr. High School building (44 Center St., St. Johnsville, NY 13452), etc. Additional meetings are scheduled as needed. Meetings are open to the public.
Interested in seeking a seat on the Board of Education? Submit this nominating petition due by 5 p.m. on April 19, 2021 for the community vote on May 18, 2021. The petition packet also includes the required expenditure statements.
Here is the 2021-22 Board of Education meeting schedule:
- July 14, 2021 (Wednesday) Re-org/Regular Meeting 6 PM Elementary School
- August 19, 2021 (Thursday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Jr/Sr High School
- September 1, 2021 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Elementary School
- October 6, 2021 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Jr/Sr High School
- November 3, 2021 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Elementary School
- December 1, 2021 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Jr/Sr High School
- January 5, 2022 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Elementary School
- February 2, 2022 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Jr/Sr High School
- March 2, 2022 (Wednesday)Regular Meeting 6 PM Elementary School
- April 20, 2022 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 2022-23 Budget Adoption 6 PM Jr/Sr High School
- May 4, 2022 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 2022-23 Budget Hearing 6 PM Elementary School
- May 17, 2022 (Tuesday) Annual Budget Vote and Election 12 PM -8 PM Elementary School and Jr/Sr High School
- June 1, 2022 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Jr/Sr High School
- June 15, 2022 (Wednesday) Special Meeting, 6 PM, Jr/Sr High School
*Meetings are held on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 PM unless otherwise noted.
*The meeting schedule/location is subject to change.
BOE Adopted: 7/14/2021
Board Agendas and Meeting Minutes
Board of Education meeting agendas and minutes can be viewed using the link below including committee meetings.
If you need older minutes or agendas, please contact District Clerk Stephanie Bonk at email@example.com
Addressing the Board of Education
Persons wishing to address the Board of Education can do so during the “public comment” portion of the meeting. Speakers are requested to state their name and identify the organization, if any, they represent. Public comment provides a way for residents to address the Board of Education publicly. Residents wishing to discuss an issue or receive more information regarding a particular concern should contact a board member or a district administrator directly.
School Board Member Experience
The New York State School Boards Association has created this webpage entitled The School Board Member Experience to answer questions from new and potential school board members. Check it out!
Board of Education members
Board members are elected to three year-terms with no pay.
Here are your Board of Education members:
Anton Christensen, term expires 2024
The state State Open Meetings Law requires any public entity, including school districts, holding a public meeting to provide all records or documents that would normally be available under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), to the general public in advance of the meeting. In compliance with the law, all eligible documents scheduled to be discussed at OESJ Board of Education meetings will be posted on Board Docs to the greatest extent possible.