The Oppenheim-Ephratah-St. Johnsville Central School District Board of Education regularly meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. unless otherwise stated. All meetings during the month are at the same building and will rotate monthly.
September meetings are at the Elementary building (6486 State Highway 29, St. Johnsville, NY 13452), October meetings are at the Jr./Sr. High School building (44 Center St., St. Johnsville, NY 13452), etc. Additional meetings are scheduled as needed. Meetings are open to the public.
Here is the 2018-19 Board of Education meeting schedule:
- July 11, 2018 (Wednesday) – Re-org/Regular Meeting, 6:00 p.m. Elementary School
- August 21, 2018
- (Tuesday) – Board Retreat (Workshop) – 4:00 p.m. Distance Learning Room at the Jr/Sr High School
- Regular Meeting – 6:00 p.m. Jr/Sr High School Auditorium Jr/Sr High School
- September 5, 2018 (Wednesday) – Regular Meeting, 6:00 p.m. Elementary School
- October 17, 2018 (Wednesday) – Regular Meeting, 6:00 p.m. Jr/Sr High School
- November 7, 2018 (Wednesday) – Regular Meeting, 6:00 p.m. Elementary School
- December 11, 2018 (Tuesday) – Regular Meeting, 6:00 p.m. Jr/Sr High School Rescheduled from Dec. 5.
- January 2, 2019 (Wednesday) – Regular Meeting, 6:00 p.m. Elementary School
- February 6, 2019 (Wednesday) – Regular Meeting, 6:00 p.m. Jr/Sr High School
- March 13, 2019 (Wednesday) – Regular Meeting, 6:00 p.m. Elementary School
- April 3, 2019 (Wednesday) – Regular Meeting/Budget Adoption, 6:00 p.m. Jr/Sr High School
- May 8, 2019 (Wednesday) – Regular Meeting/Budget Hearing, 6:00 p.m. Elementary School
- May 21, 2019 (Tuesday) – Annual Budget Vote and Election, 12:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Elementary School and Jr/Sr High School
- June 5, 2019 (Wednesday) – Regular Meeting, 6:00 p.m. Jr/Sr High School
- June 19, 2019 (Wednesday) – Special Meeting, 6:00 p.m. Jr/Sr High School
*The meeting schedule is subject to change.
BOE Adopted: 7/11/2018
Board Agendas and Meeting Minutes
Board of Education meeting agendas and minutes can be viewed using the link below including committee meetings.
If you need older minutes or agendas, please contact District Clerk Stephanie Bonk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking a seat on the Board of Education – 2019
The packet to seek a seat on the Board of Education is available for download. Click here for the packet. Candidates need to collect 28 signatures from qualified voters in the OESJ school district. The petition must be turned into the District Clerk by 5 p.m. on Monday, April 22.
Three seats, each with three-year terms, are up for election on May 21. Candidates elected would begin their terms on July 1. The terms expire on June 30, 2022.
Voting will be held from 12 noon to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, May 21. Voting will be held at the OESJ Elementary School and OESJ Jr./Sr. High School, depending on where you live. If you are unsure of your voting location, contact District Clerk Stephanie Bonk at 518-568-7280.
The seats are now held by Neil Clark, Dean Handy and Susanne Sammons.
Addressing the Board of Education
Persons wishing to address the Board of Education can do so during the “public comment” portion of the meeting. Speakers are requested to state their name and identify the organization, if any, they represent. Public comment provides a way for residents to address the Board of Education publicly. Residents wishing to discuss an issue or receive more information regarding a particular concern should contact a board member or a district administrator directly.
School Board Member Experience
The New York State School Boards Association has created this webpage entitled The School Board Member Experience to answer questions from new and potential school board members. Check it out!
Board of Education members
Board members are elected to three year-terms with no pay.
Here are your Board of Education members:
The state State Open Meetings Law requires any public entity, including school districts, holding a public meeting to provide all records or documents that would normally be available under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), to the general public in advance of the meeting. In compliance with the law, all eligible documents scheduled to be discussed at OESJ Board of Education meetings will be posted on Board Docs to the greatest extent possible.