The Oppenheim-Ephratah-St. Johnsville Central School District Board of Education regularly meets at 6 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month unless otherwise stated. All meetings will rotate location monthly between the Elementary building (6486 State Highway 29, St. Johnsville, NY 13452) and the Jr./Sr. High School building (44 Center St., St. Johnsville, NY 13452). See the schedule below for location of each regular meeting. Additional meetings are scheduled as needed. Meetings are open to the public.
Interested in seeking a seat on the Board of Education? Candidates interested in a seat on the board must submit a nominating petition by 5 p.m. at least 30 days prior to the community vote, which is held the third Tuesday in May each year. An updated nominated petition will be posted here when it is available. The petition packet also includes the required expenditure statements.
Here is the 2022-23 Board of Education meeting schedule:
- July 13, 2022 (Wednesday) Re-org/Regular Meeting 6 PM Elementary School
- July 27, 2022 (Wednesday) Special Meeting 6 PM Jr/Sr High School
- Aug. 16, 2022 (Tuesday) Regular Meeting, 6 PM, Jr/Sr High School
- September 7, 2022 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Elementary School
- October 5, 2022 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Jr/Sr High School
- November 2, 2022 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Elementary School
- December 7, 2022 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Jr/Sr High School
- January 4, 2023 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Elementary School
- February 1, 2023 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Jr/Sr High School
- March 1, 2023 (Wednesday)Regular Meeting 6 PM Elementary School
- April 19, 2023 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting and 2023-24 Budget Adoption 6 PM Jr/Sr High School
- April 26, 2023 (Wednesday) Special Meeting, HFM BOCES Budget Vote and Election, Time TBD, Jr/Sr High School
- May 16, 2023 (Tuesday) Annual Budget Vote and Election 12-8 PM Elementary School and Jr/Sr High School
- June 7, 2023 (Wednesday) Regular Meeting 6 PM Jr/Sr High School
- June 21, 2023 (Wednesday) Special Meeting, 6 PM, Jr/Sr High School
*Meetings are held on Wednesday evenings at 6 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
*The meeting schedule/location is subject to change.
BOE Adopted: 7/13/2022
Board Agendas and Meeting Minutes
Board of Education meeting agendas and minutes can be viewed using the link below including committee meetings.
If you need older minutes or agendas, please contact District Clerk Stephanie Bonk at email@example.com
Addressing the Board of Education
Persons wishing to address the Board of Education can do so during the “public comment” portion of the meeting. Speakers are requested to state their name and identify the organization, if any, they represent. Public comment provides a way for residents to address the Board of Education publicly. Residents wishing to discuss an issue or receive more information regarding a particular concern should contact a board member or a district administrator directly.
School Board Member Experience
The New York State School Boards Association has created this webpage entitled The School Board Member Experience to answer questions from new and potential school board members. Check it out!
Board of Education members
Board members are elected to three year-terms with no pay.
Here are your Board of Education members:
The state State Open Meetings Law requires any public entity, including school districts, holding a public meeting to provide all records or documents that would normally be available under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), to the general public in advance of the meeting. In compliance with the law, all eligible documents scheduled to be discussed at OESJ Board of Education meetings will be posted on Board Docs to the greatest extent possible.