SPRING ATHLETICS REQUIRED PAPERWORK/START DATES/MEETING
Dear OESJ Parents and Student-Athletes,
It is extremely important that you and your child read over all information below thoroughly and complete all the necessary required paperwork items for you/your child to have an opportunity to participate in spring athletics this year:
All student-athletes must have a completed up-to-date physical form from their doctor or a licensed physician on file to participate.
Student-athletes who do not complete all of the required paperwork WILL NOT be able to participate or attend any try-outs, workouts, or practices. If your child plans to participate, we ask that you complete the paperwork as soon as possible. The required documents can also be found on our website.
All paperwork must be turned in to High School Nurse, Ms. Smith. If there are any questions please email OESJ Athletic Coordinator Travis Heiser at email@example.com
Thanks in advance to the families and I look forward to a successful spring sports season.
OESJ Athletic Coordinator
OESJ Athletics Required Paperwork
1. 2021-2022 ATHLETIC CODE: Please note that the complete athletic code can be found here. Please make sure that parents and students have read and understood the Athletic Code of Conduct. If there are any questions please email Athletics@oesj.org. This form needs to be signed by a parent and the student-athlete acknowledging that both understand the athletic Code of Conduct.
2. Health History Form: This form is to be completed (front and back).
3. OESJ Sports Participation Form: This form is needed prior to starting practice.
4. Emergency Contact Form: This needs to be completed and signed by the athletes’ parent/guardian.
5. Athletic Code Signature Form: This form needs to be signed by both the athletes and their parent/guardian.
6. Athletic Trainer Form: This form needs to be filled out in order to see the Athletic Trainer.
In order to participate in sports, all paperwork must be turned in to Mr.Heiser or High School Nurse, Ms. Smith. Anyone who does not turn in the required paperwork will not be able to participate.
If there are any questions please email OESJ Athletic Coordinator Travis Heiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
OESJ ATHLETICS IMPORTANT SPRING DATES
**All Dates and Times are tentative and subject to change**
March 7th – Spring “Meet the coaches night” – 6:00 pm in the high school auditorium
March 14th – JV and Varsity practices will begin
March 21st – Modified spring practices will begin
- When practice is at the elementary school students will be transported from the high school to elementary school. However, they will NOT be transported back to Saint Johnsville after practices.
- When practice is at the Saint Johnsville Youth Center students will walk from the high school back stairs to the youth center as a group.
- Parents will be required to pick up their child after ALL practices at the practice locations as there will be no transportation after practices.
2021-2022 OESJ Winter Season Spectator Guidelines
The Western Athletic Conference has announced that two spectators per athlete for away games will be permitted at this year’s league basketball contest. In addition to the 2 WAC away passes, each basketball player and cheer athlete will receive 4 HOME passes for use at HOME contests only. Like the WAC away passes, these home passes can be given to family and friends. The home passes are not valid at any contest held at another school.
Masks will be required, regardless of vaccination status. Please understand that the health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches, and spectators is our number one priority. Each modified JV and varsity basketball player will receive 2 away WAC passes. Cheerleaders will not be traveling to away games this year, so they will not receive the WAC “away” passes. Tickets can change hands but only 2 spectators per athlete will be allowed for each league away game. Spectators should arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the contest’s scheduled start time. JV spectators and players should leave the gymnasium at the conclusion of the JV game to allow room for the varsity spectators. This would be also true at the modified level if there are 2 games being played back to back.
Please note: Passes are the responsibility of the athlete and their family. Lost passes will not be replaced. Each school reserves the right to deny entry into a contest if you do not present your pass, so please remember to bring them with you to each contest!
The spectator policy for non-WAC contests will be determined based on the host school’s policy. Spectators’ information for these games will be shared as soon as it is finalized.
If you have any questions, please contact Athletic Coordinator Travis Heiser by e-mail at Athletics@oesj.org