National school lunch program information needs to be updated for district students

OESJ is in year two of our district-wide CEP status, which brings free breakfast and lunch to all of our students. It is required to have this form go to all families in our district. The form will also be used to qualify individual families for things like AP course fee and driver education fee reductions. All information is kept confidential. Below is the letter sent to district families and you can see the Please complete the Income Survey here.

Dear Parent/Guardian:

Our school participates in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) under the National School Lunch Program. Under CEP, all students receive a free breakfast and lunch each day, for the entire school year.

However, to determine eligibility to receive additional benefits, such as assistance with college course fees and other school program fees, families need to complete a Household Income Form.   This form also helps the school to qualify for special grants and funds.

  • Do I need to fill out a form for each child?   No. Use one Household Income Form for all students living in your household.
  • My child(ren) already receive free meals at school, why should I complete this form?   Many state and federal programs use household income information to determine eligibility for their programs. By completing this form, our school is able to determine eligibility for additional programs that benefit everyone.
  • Who should I include as members of my household?   You must include all people living in your household, related or not, who share income and expenses. You must include yourself and all children living with you. You do not have to include other people living with you who are financially independent.
  • What if my income is not always the same? List the amount that you normally receive. If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include overtime if you only get it occasionally.
  • What do I do with the form, once it’s complete?   Return the form to the main office of either building – by dropping it off, sending it with a student, or mailing.   Elementary students may return it to their classroom teacher. Information on this form is kept confidential.

If you have any questions about this Household Income Eligibility Form, please contact Myra Trumbull at or call (518)-568-2014 ext 113.


School District Administration

School Nutrition Department