Section 10-d of part A of chapter 56 of the laws of 2021, as amended by §5-b of part A of chapter 56 of the laws of 2022, requires school districts receiving a foundation aid increase of more than 10% or $10,000,000 to create plans on how these funds will be used to address student performance and need. These plans are required in advance of the 2021-22, 2022-23, and 2023-24 school years. This is the final year that this requirement is in effect. Plans for the 2023-24 school year must be completed, submitted to the department, and posted to district websites by July 1, 2023.
Based on the Enacted Budget 2023-24 School Aid Projections, OESJ is subject to this requirement. As a result, OESJ must:
- Seek public comment from parents, teachers, and other stakeholders;
- Take public comments into account in the development of the plan;
- Include an analysis of public comments within the plan;;
- Describe in the plan how the foundation aid increase will be used, including portions of the increase used to address priority areas
- Post the plan on the district website; and
- Submit the plan to NYSED in a form prescribed by NYSED to be posted publicly
Please click the link below to enter and fill out the form by June 23, 2023.