Dear OESJ Families,
As you likely know, Governor Cuomo announced the executive order closing school buildings for the remainder of the academic year. During this time, the OESJ CSD will continue to deliver instruction through the at-home-learning model. We understand that this has been and will continue to be a challenging and incredibly stressful time and we are here to support you in any way we can, whether it be academically, socially, or emotionally.
We continue to encourage students to remain engaged with their coursework and their teacher on a daily basis. To better support these efforts we have put together a revised academic plan that will provide more detailed expectations for work delivery and completion. The schedule outlines will take effect on Monday, May 11.
There are two documents for each building.
- The first document is a grading outline that defines expectations and guidelines for how students will be graded.
- The second document is a schedule outline that defines the amount of time students should devote to their studies each day and which subjects they should be expected to work on each day.
You can access the documents here:
- Elementary Grading Outline
- Elementary Schedule Outline
- Jr./Sr. High School Grading Outline
- Jr./Sr. High School Schedule Outline
We will continue to support you and be as flexible as possible, as again, we realize that these circumstances present many challenges to students and families. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher and/or their building principal (contact information below) who will continue to be responsive to your needs.
- Jeanine Kawryga, Elementary Principal (518-568-2014 x2101)
- Ted Kawryga, Interim Jr./Sr. High School Principal (518-568-2011 x3114)
Dr. Joseph Natale
Interim Superintendent of Schools